Thursday, June 28, 2007

LOUIS ARMIJO, FUHS TEACHER

(from Mike Johnson, Pow Wow class rep for the class of '58)

Mr. Louis Armijo of Fullerton Union High School fame and Tom Brokaw’s book "The Greatest Generation" passed away today June 28, 2007. He was well into his 90's!! Louis was included as part of the greatest generation which Brokaw claims "It is, I believe, the greatest generation any society has ever produced."
John Leatherby and I went to visit Mr. Armijo last week but he was sleeping; he stirred, opened his eyes and was fast asleep again. Personally I had him for a Business course before he became a counselor.
More to follow as information becomes available.
Mike


Armijo, Louis Victor, age 82 of Fullerton, passed away June 27, 2007. He is survived by his wife, Ella; daughter, Vicki; son, Bill; six grandchildren, Joseph, Shantelle, Lindsey, Matthew, Nick, David; and eleven great-grandchildern. He spent his lifetime helping people and will be remembered for his endless story-telling and his kind heart (transplanted). Many will recall his role in Tom Brokaw's book "The Greatest Generation". Visitation is 1:00-3:00 Sunday, at McAulay and Wallace in Fullerton. Church services will be at St. Phillip's in Fullerton at 1:00 Monday, July 2.
Burial is pending at Riverside National Cemetery.
McAulay & Wallace Mortuary assisted the family.
Published in the Orange County Register on 7/1/2007.
Guest Book

2 Comments:

At 8:24 PM , Blogger panic is for love and pain said...

no name armijo was like family to me i have known him all of my life. i go to see him every sun. with my mom. we leave a flag and flowers for him. he is well missed in my family. i love him and i know one day i will see him agin in my life time. he was a gift from god and i believe that he is still on this earth doing good for people. the one thing i will always remember about him is his storys he told me when i was young. i just loved to hear his war storys. i would give anything to hear them agin. i will miss him evey min. of my life.

 
At 11:40 AM , Blogger Marty Burbank, Fighting for Fullerton's Future said...

I had the great opportunity to meet Mr. Armijo, just once. I don't think i will forget him. He was wearing a hat that said Tinnian on it and I asked him if he was there when the Enola Gay took off--then he told me his story. He was a great American and I am very proud that I had the opportunity to meet him and I am thankful for the service he gave to our country.

Marty Burbank

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home