Monday, December 15, 2008

RICHARD STONEBRAKER, FUHS '52

Message from Dave Williams, FUHS '51:

My friend, Richard Stonebraker, '52, died a few weeks ago. Richard was living alone in a hotel room and was found dead, probably for a couple of days. He'd had a stroke about 2 years ago, and I had been taking him to the PowWow. Somehow, Tom Shockley found out about him dying and notified me, and I notified his ex wife, Caroline Nunn. Turns out Richard's brother Gary came and took Richard's ashes, probably to another state. So it all happened without much info getting to his old buddies.

1 Comments:

At 7:03 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Richard was a friend of mine, long distance as he lived in La-Habra CA and I live in Kailua Kona HI. I will miss Richard. We talked by phone several times a month, sometimes he would call and say "Just wanted to say hello" then say "hello" and hang up.
We did not know one another while in school, met at the Pow Wow's and became friends. We had a common friend, Bill W. I am proud to say that "Stoney" was a friend of mine.
Tom S. cl of '52

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home