Friday, August 10, 2012

FULLERTON OBSERVER HOT LINK


Diane Oestreich, FUHS ’64, sent this information:

On Sunday, July 8, I was invited to be the guest speaker for the annual meeting of Fullerton Heritage, a volunteer organization “dedicated to preserving Fullerton's past for the future.” I was surprised and honored at that event to be presented with the Fullerton Heritage 2012 Community Education Award “for researching and writing the definitive history of historic Fullerton High School.” As one of our former principals used to say, FUHS is the flagship school of the community, and it was my privilege to share the school’s story in the book and in my slide presentation for Fullerton Heritage.

I hope you have availed yourself of the opportunity to purchase a copy of The History of Fullerton Union High School 1893—2011, but in case you missed out, you may purchase one for $26 from my website:
http://www.fullertonhshistory.com
or
send a check to my PO box:
Diane Oestreich
PO Box 6161
Orange, CA 92863
Copies are also available at Fullerton Hardware on Commonwealth and from Amazon.com.
If you have read the book, I would enjoy hearing from you. I have received some wonderful correspondences related to the book, but if you haven’t sent me your thoughts, please do:
diane@fullertonhshistory.com
(or send a note to me at my PO box)
P.S. Check out Fullerton Heritage’s website too:
http://www.fullertonheritage.org/
Floreat Fullerton,
Diane Oestreich
Class of 1964

There was an article in the August Fullerton Observer about all the awards given that day. I am in a photo with two others. It seems to be one pdf file, but you could put the link in for The Observer. It's on page 6. http://www.fullertonobserver.com/

I'd be happy for anything you could post. I sold a few copies as a result of sending out the email on Monday. I want to get the book into as many alumni hands as possible. It's actually pretty amazing for a public high school's history to be in book form.
Thanks, Connie
http://www.fullertonobserver.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home