Monday, March 12, 2007

POW WOW 2007 A HAPPY MEMORY

Pow Wow 2007 is history. Saturday, March 10, found almost 700 happy faces looking eagerly through the crowd for cherished classmates. (Well, some of those faces belonged to non-FUHS guests who had unselfishly agreed to endure another day of sitting at a table wondering where their host could be now, but fortunately, they were rewarded with a great buffet treat. And some have attended so many years that they are now “adopted” into the tribe.)

Thanks go to the class of '54 for doing such a great job. And they had 54 alums attending! Maureen Conner Peltzer, Richard Davies, Monie Younger Canaday, Willa Stedman Vanderburg and Sherry Woods Caplinger were on the committee.

Bob Ollar and Dorothy (Lois) Martin Thomas (both class of '51) gave home-made custom Indian candles to class reps and other lucky people they thought deserved thanks. They have been doing this for several years so many people have been rewarded. I am trying to upload a picture of one of the candles, but no luck so far.

Larry Myers, language teacher at FUHS from ’36-’72, was in the hospital and couldn’t attend the luncheon which was a disappointment to many. One alum I talked to had come specifically to see his old teacher.

Elva Swoffer, PE teacher and FUHS ’39 alum, also had to cancel due to poor health.
Hopefully, we will see both of them next year.

The luncheon handout has information on how to reach Phyl Munn (FUHS ’49) and me so we can all keep in touch. (Phyl wrote to say that the last part of her address needs to include #359. Please add it to your Pow Wow lunch handout on page 4.) Don’t rely on a class rep contacting you as your information in our contact list can change and you’d be lost. Of course, some classes don’t even have a class rep. Remember to contact Phyl or me if you haven’t been contacted about Pow Wow 2008 by Halloween. There is a link to my email if you click on “View my complete profile” by my picture in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

I was surprised to find many of the lunch handouts left on the tables. Remember that they contain information on how to reach committee members.

I’ll try to restrain a rant on out-dated email addresses on the high school web site. Please update yours if it has changed. Add yours if it isn’t there at all. Don’t let this valuable opportunity to stay in touch go unused. We search for you there if we have problems with your email address in our contact list. The hot link is http://members.aol.com/fuhsalumni/alumni.htm

I will have pictures posted soon so check this blog again for more information about that.
Please share your pictures with us by emailing them to CVanHorn@pacbell.net

Someone (probably from the class of '47) lost a pen. It was put in my ziplock bag that contained the card for the class to sign for Barbara Larimer. This is the first time that I gained a pen when loaning one out. (I'm still mad I lost my favorite pen at my 35th reunion when it went around the room and into infinity. Does a relationship to an elephant come to mind? I'm talking about never forgetting, not my size. Be nice.) If the loss of this silver and black "Zebra F-301 BP" pen will affect you emotionally too, get in touch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home