Thursday, July 08, 2010

KAREN MCDERMOTT WARD, FUHS '73

I am sorry to have received this email message from Karen McDermott's big brother:

I'm sad to report that my younger sister Karen (McDermott) Ward, age 54 of Garland, Texas and a member of the FUHS class of 1973, passed away June 16th from Ovarian cancer. She had cancer for 13 years and had been undergoing Chemotherapy most of that period.
She graduated from UC Riverside in 1977 with a bachelors degree in Education, and from Southern Methodist University (SMU) in 1979 with a masters in education. She was an elementary school teacher in Aurora, Colorado and in several schools in the Dallas, Texas area.
Never one to complain during even the worst of times, during her illness she wrote a book: "Finding Strength in God During Life's Challenges: How Faith Led a Cancer Survivor to Joy."
She is survived by her husband, Steve Ward, and two children: James Ward, and Jenna Ward all of Garland.
-- Tom McDermott
Medford, Oregon
FUHS class of 1971

1 Comments:

At 1:14 AM , Blogger anu said...

I admire the valuable information you offer in your articles. I will bookmark your blog and have my friends check up here often. I am quite sure they will learn lots of new stuff here than anybody else!Cheap web hosting services

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home