Friday, February 03, 2012

HOW TO GET ADDED TO THE FULLERTON HIGH ALUMNI GROUP ON FACEBOOK

From John Hall, FUHS ’69, creator of “Fullerton High Alumni” and “Growing Up In Fullerton” groups on Facebook.


Facebook doesn't make it easy to invite friends, but they sure make it easy to add them. You could just ask your friends if you could add them to the group and mention how easy it is to leave the group if they wish. At the top right there is a drop down menu for them to leave the group. On the right, below our group's description, there is a "Who else should be in this group?" Just start typing in your friend's name and you should get your friend and other friends who have similar spelling. I started the group by adding 141 of my friends who grew up in Fullerton.

To check out the Facebook "Fullerton High Alumni" group, go to http://www.facebook.com/groups/184587744965754/

If you want me to add you to the Fullerton High Alumni group, email me and I’ll try. I assume you have to be a member of Facebook so that when I type your name, it finds your info so it can add you to the group. (I guess I would have to add you separately to the Growing Up in Fullerton group if you wanted to belong to both groups.) Hopefully, you can figure out for yourself how to join the groups. Give it a try. (I wasn’t smart enough to figure it out for myself and John added me.)
Connie
CVANHORN@PACBELL.NET

Two messages on 2/9/2012 from John C. Hall, FUHS 1969:


Hi Connie, I just saw your FUHS Blog of helping everyone get to my groups. I think the easiest way is just tell them to just go to Facebook search and enter the names of the groups. Of course that's if they are already on Facebook. Thank you so much Connie. You are a community leader!!
Oh, I forgot, I now have five facebook groups. "Growing Up In Fullerton". "Fullerton High Alumni", "Ladera Visa Jr High Alumni", "Jimmy Smith's Swim Club Alumni" and the one I was asked to Admin this morning, "Raymond Elementary Alumni". I'm done now except for maybe "Fell Off My Horse And Lived"

(I suggested he add that last one when 3 of us wrote stories about our falls off of horses. I encouraged other people to send in their horse stories, but no one else has yet. Do you think that all of the others who fell off died? Naaaaah.)

Here is a comment that I added to John's "Fullerton High Alumni" group to help alumni keep in touch:

There is an existing directory of FUHS alumni e-mail addresses (many that are, unfortunately, not current) on an FUHS website that you should go to and copy/paste those of your friends. It is no longer being maintained by its web master and could disappear. I hope that Kurt will keep it and someday start to update it again, but he doesn’t answer any e-mails now.


The site also has links to class web pages and blogs and a guestbook that still works because it records automatically. You might find a friend’s current e-mail address there, but you might have to read all 135 pages to find it.
Click on: http://www.fuhsalumnionline.com/index.htm  and notice the choices at the top of that main page.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home